Displays / Exhibits / Bulliten Board Policy
The Ephrata Public Library welcomes displays and exhibits. By hosting displays and exhibits, the library provides both individuals and groups with a means of public expression and also makes those public expressions available to the community. The purpose of this policy is to provide fair and consistent standards for the use of exhibit areas in the library, and to ensure use of these spaces in a manner that is consistent with the library’s other service objectives.
In addition, the Ephrata Public Library provides bulletin board space for limited public use. The bulletin board space is available to non-profit organizations, agencies, and individuals engaged in intellectual, charitable, civic, cultural, educational, or recreational activities in the Ephrata community. Materials shall not be excluded because of origin, background, affiliation, or views of those contributing to their creation.
- The library does not endorse the ideas, issues, or events promoted by material submitted by members of the community.
- No material (poster, display, exhibit, pamphlet, brochure, leaflet, or booklet) shall be exhibited, displayed, or placed in the library for distribution without permission from a library staff member.
- Material which is judged illegal, offensive, or inappropriate for a public library setting will not be accepted for display or distribution.
- Library staff will determine when material will be posted, displayed, or distributed and when it will be removed.
- Material from commercial or profit-making organizations will not be accepted for display or distribution. This includes but is not limited to the following: advertisements from individual childcare, tutoring, music lessons, items for sale, garage sales, etc.
- Sale prices may not be attached to material displayed.
- Material which advocates the election or defeat of a candidate for public office, or which advocates an affirmative or negative vote for or against proposition, whether political or otherwise will not be accepted for display or distribution.
- The library assumes no responsibility for the preservation, protection, or possible damage or theft of any material displayed or exhibited.